- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
Are anti-Taliban operations in far-away Pakistan prompting Uzbek Islamic militants to flee safe havens in the Southwest Asian nation's tribal areas and to return to Central Asia?
As he prepared to return to his homeland after 15 years as a refugee, Hazratullah, a native of Afghanistan's Nangarhar Province, was more anxious than happy. "I don't have a house there and I don't know if I will find any work," he told EurasiaNet about his fears.
From EURASIA INSIGHT October 24, 2001
Ariel Cohen: 10/23/01
The disparate interests of key players in the anti-terrorism coalition are complicating the campaign against the Taliban and the al Qaeda network. These same differing priorities will make it difficult for the international community to promote lasting stability in Afghanistan and the Central Asian states. Already, officials in Washington are struggling to balance competing tactical and strategic requirements.