Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
- Pakistan to go for advanced poliovirus diagnosis mechanism
- Afghan Refugees in Spotlight Amid Debate Over Sources of Unrest
Eschborn, 29.12.05. Many villages in Pakistan's Siran Valley at the foot of the Himalayas were almost completely levelled by the earthquake on 8 October. In cooperation with the Pakistan NGO HAASHAR, GTZ had over 2,300 igloo-like tents with metal roofing constructed by Christmas. "These have space for up to eight people, withstand earthquakes, are so robust that they can withstand even four metres of snow, and provide insulation against the cold," reports Ingolf Vereno, GTZ Country Director in Pakistan.
Peshawar (November 14, 2001): German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ) is providing basic education to Afghan refugees through a bilateral project BEFARe (Basic Education for Afghan Refugees). BEFARe is working under the terms of technical cooperation between the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Federal Republic of Germany.
The project is active in the Formal Education and Non-formal Education Sectors of Afghan refugees.