- ADB: Climate Change Profile of Pakistan, 24 Aug 2017
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, July 2017
- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
On Monday, the National Police Headquarter informed Hungarian news agency MTI that between Friday and Sunday 350 people crossing the border illegally were apprehended in Hungary. According to the statistics published on the Police’s website, on Friday 140, on Saturday 103 and on Sunday 107 were apprehended.
György Bakondi, Chief Security Advisor to the Prime Minister, has told public television channel M1 that on Monday migrants began a protest at the Closed Asylum Reception Centre in Kiskunhalas. He said that some one hundred migrants – most of them from Pakistan – took part in a march within the camp demanding to be let out and to be placed in open camps. They were still protesting in the evening, Mr. Bakondi added.
Police arrived at the reception centre in appropriate numbers, but they did not need to take action until the evening.
The Ministry of Finance is distributing the HUF 20 million to be provided for victims of the earthquake in Pakistan, to charity organisations, through an accelerated application procedure. Charity organisations, that have already been engaged in the operations following similar disasters and have adequate references, will be invited on Wednesday to submit their proposals. The Government aims to ensure that the HUF 20 million separated from the general reserve of the budget - and the assistance it enables to be provided - be delivered to Pakistan as soon as possible.