- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
Annual Threat Assessment 2017
By Vishalini Chandara Sagar
On the 15th anniversary of the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security, how far have countries in the Indo-Pacific region come to implement its peace and security agenda.
Talking Peace with the Pakistani Taliban
Pakistan’s Economic Aid and Losses in the War on Terror
MUHAMMAD RAMZAN SHAHID
India: Counterterrorism under the New Government
No. 066/2014 dated 8 April 2014
By Kyaw San Wai
Islamabad has been in peace talks with Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) over last couple of months while the Afghan peace process remains derailed for years. A campaign is underway for a concerted insurgency in Afghanistan.
Annual Threat Assessment
Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore
Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
EAST AND CENTRAL ASIA
China and Central Asia
MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Egypt, Libya and Somalia
Terrorist Rehabilitation and Community Engagement:
New Frontiers in Combating Terrorism
Reconciliation in Afghanistan:
The Pakistani Factor
Bangladesh in the Run-up to Elections:
Walking a Tightrope?
Peace Talks with the Pakistani Taliban:
Challenges and Prospects
The Expansion of Sectarian Conflict in Pakistan
Drifting Apart? Indo-Lanka Relations Examined
No. 054/2013 dated 4 April 2013
By Abdul Basit
The May 2013 election is going to be a milestone in Pakistan’s political and constitutional history. It will decide the direction of Pakistan’s political system – whether towards enduring democracy or continued instability.
By Dhanasree Jayaram Guest contributor
‘Western Ways are Evil’: The Emergence and Evolution of Boko Haram
This paper provides an overview of the historical and cultural environment that has allowed the militant jihadist group Boko Haram to flourish. It examines the strategy that the Nigerian government has adopted and the challenges it faces to restore peace.
This issue of the NTS Alert offers an overview of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) as a means of improving longterm preparedness against the projected increase in frequency and intensity of natural hazards. It aims to provide a better understanding of DRR in relation to the holistic frameworks of disaster management, sustainable development and climate change adaptation.
Over the past decade, the world has witnessed several major natural disasters, from the boxing day tsunami in 2004, to the Haiti earthquake in January 2010 and the recent floods in Pakistan in August 2010.