- ADB: Climate Change Profile of Pakistan, 24 Aug 2017
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, July 2017
- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Background of the Report
This report is being written in response to the services of Balochistan boy scouts carried out in recent floods which struck eastern Balochistan districts of in the districts of Barkhan, Kohlu, Sibi, Jaffarabad, Naseerabad and Jhal Magsi.
The floods have destroyed several villages in the districts of Barkhan, Kohlu and Sibi. All the villages of the Jaffarabad, Naseerabad and Jhal Magsi districts were completely destroyed by recent floods.
District Barkhan is facing the monsoon raining since third week of month 22, July,2010 which proves very dangerous for the lives, property and animal. This rain was recorded on 88 m.m.
The major Damage occurred due to continuously raining is that, the BibarTuk Dam Broken which is situated 10 kilometer away from Barkhan.
The Rain water changed into flood and killed 20 person including women & children's and 30 are still missing. The flood has washed the roads & the highly effected areas are cutt off from Districts .
The torrential rains have caused severe damage to Barkhan, Sibi, Kohlu, Naseerabad and Jaffarabad districts, where vehicular traffic and train service remain suspended. Work is underway to repair the section of rail line that was damaged by the flash floods. The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has started providing relief goods to the displaced people. However, local people said they had not received any aid. On Saturday, a man was killed when the roof of his house collapsed due to rains in Dera Murad Jamali.