- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
The project started in October 2011 and is successfully being implemented. Initially, the project was only approved for the province of KPK, but responding to the needs of Sindh floods of 2011, HOPE’87 requested a contract renewal from the donor ECHO. Fortunately, an additional 325,000 EUR of funds were allocated for the victims of Sindh floods. The part of the project in Sindh was completed on 30th June - the result included the completion of 100 hand pumps, 200 latrines and the distribution of 2,000 water storage and hygiene kits to the most vulnerable families.
Building on the success and the knowledge gained during the preceding project, the current one focuses on the integration of the „School Based Disaster Risk Management“ (SBDRM) model into the governmental system of the Pakistani Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
This SBDRM model has been developed in close cooperation with the DIPECHO partners in the course of the DIPECHO 7th Action Plan. The project is co-financed by ECHO, ADC and HOPE’87.
According to the concept of „Comprehensive School Safety“ the main goals of the project include: