- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Highlights of the day
Alhamdulillah…..HHRD ERT Chitral came back safely from upper Chitral to Chitral city.
More than 1600 flood affected people of upper Chitral have got Free Healthcare facility from HHRD Medical Unit with collaboration of Pakistan Army.
More than 7.5m people affected by recent Flood and Rain in Pakistan.
Overview of Situation:
HHRD sets up two more PRCs in Swat and Chakwal
HHRD Physical Rehabilitation Program considerably benefiting physically challenged people
Our PRCs delivered 87,850 consultations to 17,000 patients (2006-2011)
Program served patients with Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Orthotics/prosthetics.
‐ HHRD Zabiha Project benefited 369,000 individuals.
‐ The project implemented at 63 different locations of Pakistan, Kashmir and Afghanistan.
‐ A total of 2,915 animals were sacrificed.
August 20-October 19
HIGHLIGHTS August 20-September 30
‐ HHRD disbursed PKR 29.47 million to help Sindh & Balochistan flood affectees
‐ In one-month Relief response, the organization served over 148,000 flood affectees by providing food, health assistance, tents and NFIs
‐ 13,200 affectees received the needed health assistance and medicines through 57 HHRD mobile medical camps and 4 MCHCs.
‐ In collaboration with World Vision International, the distribution of 650 NFI-Kits continued ‐ HHRD working in 6 districts (Names of Locations)
- HHRD helped over 125,000 flood victims by providing cooked food, medical assistance, water, and NFIs.
- 47,500 victims received cooked meals, 13,200benefited by food package distribution, 6,100 patients received primary health care, 52,000 got drinking water and 6,800 benefited by NFIs distribution.
- Case Study: String of hardships
- HHRD Flood Response Location
‐ HHRD Flood relief interventions in five districts benefited over 87,000 flood victims.
‐ HHRD Mobile Medical Camps and MCHCs treated over 3,000 flood victims
‐ Delivered 30,200 cooked hot meals
‐ Distributed 77 MT Food worth PKR 5.7 million
‐ NFIs reaches over 2,300 flood affectees
‐ Ensure the supply of drinking water to 38,400 flood victims
‐ HHRD Flood Response Districts
HHRD Flood relief interventions benefited over 63,000 flood victims.
HHRD organized 4 Mobile Medical Camps
Served 25,200 cooked meals
Distributed 37.26 MT Food, and 1800 NFIs
Water Supply initiative benefited 28,000 flood victims
HHRD Continuously Helping Sindh flood victims with food, medical, NFls and water.
HHRD addressing the double challenges of Floods
Heavy rains continue in seven districts of Sindh, hindering relief activities
HHRD Country Director's interview on PTV·News Television
HHRD disbursed PKR 20.92 million to provide food items, NFIs, and drinking water for Sindh flood affectees.
HHRD relief work continues in 5 districts of Sindh.
‐ HHRD announces to disburse PKR 5 million for Sindh flood affectees
‐ HHRD begins relief work in five worst affected districts
‐ providing affectees with cooked food, clean drinking water, and medical assistance
‐ Further plans underway
‐ Photo Gallery
HHRD Ramadan Projects will benefit thousands of flood affectees and poor families in Ramada
To help most deserving families during the blessed month of Ramadan and foster Islamic brotherhood, under its seasonal program, HHRD implements the following three projects:
‐ Distribution of food packages
‐ Eidi distribution in Orphaned children
‐ Iftar-us-Sayam (Iftar dinner gatherings)
WORST FLOODING IN PAKISTAN
HHRD’s RELIEF & REHABILITATION RESPONSE IN ONE YEAR
· Worked in 53 flood affected districts
· Benefited 2.8 Million people
· Spent: $7.8 Million
In late July 2010, the devastating floods brought unimaginable suffering to the lives of almost 21 million people, left millions homeless and without the means to support themselves and their families.
INSIDE - HIGHLIGHTS
‐ HHIRMS Announces Spring-Semester Results
‐ Construction of Multi-Storey Rehabilitation Complex Underway
‐ Free Medical Camps benefited 200 disabled patients
‐ About Physical Rehabilitation Program
‐ What is Physiotherapy?
‐ Photo Gallery
‐ Press Releases
From the Editor’s Desk
Greetings from Helping Hand for Relief and Development (HHRD)!
In late July 2010, the unexpected heavy monsoon rains flooded one-third of Pakistan, and affected the lives of 21 million people. By the UN reports, these floods were said to be worse than the Asian tsunami, the Pakistan earthquake, and the Haiti earthquake combined.
Adopt a Village/Union Council Program
In late July, unexpected heavy rains flooded about one-third of Pakistan, claimed the lives of 21 million people. In response, HHRD mounted the largest relief and recovery response in its history and delivered the much needed assistance including food, medical, shelter and more to the affectees within initial three month (August-October, 2010).
In October, to meet the rehabilitation needs of the survivors, HHRD significantly scaled-up its rehabilitation activities.
In the span of three month, HHRD relief efforts benefited over 500,000 flood victims
- Established over 550 free medical camps
- Conducted 10 hygiene awareness sessions
- Distributed food packs that benefited over 371,000
- Provided cooked meals to hundreds of starving families
- Provided tents and other emergency supplies to thousands
- Long-term relief program launched with the adoption of 8 union councils
Helping Hand Flood Relief Response benefited approximately 500,000 survivors
- Distributing food package in 15,000 families
- Building the capacity of flood response team
- Presenting Live Telethon for flood victims on Express News and Hum TV
- "Adopt A village Program"- An Umbrella of various initiatives
HHRD Flood Response Highlights
- "Adopt a Village Program" Launched - A Unique Rehabilitation Intervention of HHRD to Help Flood
o 4 out of 8 Field Hospitals Established
o Construction of Permanent Housing Planned
o "Provision of Safe Drinking Water" Project Started
- Commits distribution of Food to 15,000 Families in Sindh
- Food-for-Work project completed
HHRD Flood Response Highlights
More than 272,000 flood victims get relief through HHRD flood relief initiatives
- To date, HHRD relief efforts helped 272,000 flood victims, more efforts continued
- HHRD free medical camp beneficiaries reaches to 76,600 flood victims
- Food for work project is helping 1,200 families in Charsada
Medical Camps-HHRD has organized 434 medical camps in 13 flood affected districts in 3 provinces - Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Sindh.