- ADB: Climate Change Profile of Pakistan, 24 Aug 2017
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, July 2017
- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
In this Edition:
Volunteer Training: Understanding Reception Centres
A Global Initiative
• Earthquake Simulation in Pakistan
• A Child is the Key to Change
• Hike4Life: Scaling Kilimanjaro
• Risk Reduction in Lari Babaji
• Global ShakeOut Drill ‘The Pakistan Floods 2010’: A Video-Documentary by Faridoun Hemani
IN THIS EDITION:
- Preparing Children for Earthquakes in Pakistan
- Building Partnership in Disaster Risk Reduction
- North America: Disaster Preparedness through Community Engagement
- India: Taking Readiness to the Next Level
- Project PAMIR: Increasing Resilience of Vulnerable Communities
- Tajikistan: Public and Private Sectors Collaborate on DDR Initiatives
- In Memorial: Safo Rajabov
- Bikers Unite to Save the World One Hill at a Time
IN THIS EDITION:
- Pakistan: After the Deluge
- Strengthening Emergency Communication in India
- Responding to Food Crises in Afghanistan
- Tajikistan: Building Partnerships with Japan
- North America: Commitment to Disaster Preparedness
- The Largest “ShakeOut” in US History
- Golfers Unite to Support FOCUS
- In Memorial: Azalsho Dushanbiev
- In the Spotlight: Nusrat Nusab, Deputy Executive Officer, FOCUS Pakist
Disaster Response: Recent Case Studies in Response
Since 1994, FOCUS has provided a full spectrum of emergency response activities from first -response to extended relief and recovery support. When FOCUS responds to a disaster, it is able to call upon a pre-positioned pool of volunteers from within the Ismaili Muslim community in the country of the intervention.
Prevention, Mitigation, and Preparedness (PMP) is the channel through which FOCUS works to decrease a community's vulnerability to natural disasters such as landslides, floods, mudslides, epidemics, and earthquakes, catastrophic rain or snow, and prepares them to respond rapidly and effectively to natural disasters. In this way, the initiative also seeks to ensure that communities are empowered in the learning process.
Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS) Pakistan has been actively involved in response and relief efforts following continued rains and massive floods affecting various parts of the country.
IN THIS EDITION:
- Attabad landslide calls for FOCUS to respond
- Search & Rescue helps to build capacity
- FOCUS Afghanistan: Responding & Reacting
- Enhancing Disaster Risk Reduction
- Improving the Quality of Life in Tajikistan
- Disaster Awareness & Preparedness
- In Remembrance
- Bike4Life Mali: 25 December 2010 -3 January 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan, 12 August 2010 - Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS) Pakistan, an affiliate of the Aga Khan Development Network, has launched a relief effort to assist the thousands of people displaced by the recent floods in the Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral regions of northern Pakistan.
FOCUS, with its teams of trained personnel and hundreds of volunteers, supplied food items comprising flour, rice, cooking oil, sugar and tea to the hundreds of families left destitute by the heavy monsoon rains, which have ravaged different parts of Pakistan. In addition to food supplies, …
Providing food aid in remote mountainous areas of Afghanistan
Drought, famine, severe weather conditions and other climate change-induced hazards pose significant risks for most of Afghanistan, often adding to the impact of the global food crisis on local populations. Coupled with a volatile economy and labour market, these hazards leave isolated mountainous communities with restricted access to food.
Attabad Village, Hunza Valley, Gilgit-Baltistan, 13 January 2010: Focus Humanitarian Assistance is providing relief to four villages in northern Pakistan that were struck by a devastating landslide on 4 January 2010.
According to initial disaster assessment reports, Attabad Payeen, Attabad Bala, Sarat and Ayeenabad were directly affected by the massive landslide in Hunza valley, which killed thirteen people and injured nine others.
Islamabad, Pakistan, October 14, 2005 - Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS), an agency affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), has mobilised specialised staff, volunteers and resources in response to the widespread destruction following the earthquake which struck several parts of Pakistan.
FOCUS is conducting search and rescue operations and distributing essential relief items to tens of thousands of families in the affected areas of Islamabad, Muzzafarabad and other remote regions of the country.