- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
New York, NY; August 19, 2010- In response to the recent flooding in Pakistan, where the U.N. is reporting that 1,200 people have died and 14 million are in dire need of urgent assistance, American Jewish World Service (AJWS) has opened an emergency flood relief fund to receive donations.
1. Mudslides in Central America
How your donation is being spent - JDC Q&A
On Saturday morning, October 8th, a 7.6 magnitude earthquake struck northern Pakistan, approximately 60 miles northeast of Islamabad. The most severely affected areas are the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) of Pakistan, northern Punjab, Pakistani Kashmir in Pakistan, and Indian Kashmir in India. Afghanistan also sustained damage and loss of life.
Reports indicate that over 30,000 were killed, many of whom were children. This death toll is expected to rise as roads are cleared and demolished villages become accessible.
NEW YORK, October 11, 2005 -- American Jewish World Service (AJWS), a non-sectarian international development and relief organization, is responding to the devastating earthquake that struck Pakistan and impacted northern India and Afghanistan on October 8.
Earthquake is South Asia