Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Pakistan Needs Global Climate Funds to Combat Shifting Weather Patterns
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
How your donation is being spent - JDC Q&A
On Saturday morning, October 8th, a 7.6 magnitude earthquake struck northern Pakistan, approximately 60 miles northeast of Islamabad. The most severely affected areas are the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) of Pakistan, northern Punjab, Pakistani Kashmir in Pakistan, and Indian Kashmir in India. Afghanistan also sustained damage and loss of life.
Reports indicate that over 30,000 were killed, many of whom were children. This death toll is expected to rise as roads are cleared and demolished villages become accessible.
Earthquake is South Asia