- Pakistan: Drought - Sep 2018
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
Most read reports
- Scheduled polio campaign postponed due to bad weather conditions in some areas - National EOC
- Pakistan: UNHCR, partners supporting refugee communities to become self-reliant
- First nationwide vaccination drive of 2019 aims to protect more than 39 million children in Pakistan from polio
- Pakistan: Summary of Legal Assistance and Aid Programme (January - December 2018)
- Pakistan: Overview of Afghan Refugee Population and UNHCR Operational Presence (as of 31 December 2018)
This booklet features a collection of stories that reflects the widespread work of ADPC across Asia and the Pacific and beyond. It not only showcases ADPC's extensive work to achieve its vision of safer communities and sustainable development through disaster risk reduction but also governments' commitment, partners' support, and the courage of people in disaster-prone nations.
2015 at a glance: A year of milestones
2015 marked the beginning of a new era in disaster risk reduction and sustainable development. ADPC embraced the new Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction while continuing to build resilience side by side with the Asia-Pacific countries.
Thirteen Asian nations have agreed to closely collaborate in tackling the increasing risks caused by natural hazards, many of them triggered by the changing climate.
Introduction to ADPC Strategy 2020
As the most hazard prone region in the World, the Asia-Pacific Region cannot afford to ignore nor delay addressing the challenges that confront it in disaster risk reduction (DRR). More and more, holistic and innovative approaches to address disaster risk are becoming mandatory, given the close inter-relationships and inextricable links that exist between disaster risk and the other key challenges of poverty reduction, sustainable development, environmental sustainability, as well as the emerging realities of global climate change.