Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
Section One: Focus Countries re
Women Seek Education
Merry Christmas and a joyous Holiday Season to you! We are so thankful for your friendship and partnership that is helping villages transform out of poverty!
Here is our latest News Behind the News and we invite you to contact us if there is any particular country or project you are interested in learning more about, or contributing towards!
Mike Parks, GHNI Director of Disaster Relief, is currently in Pakistan assessing the situation and working alongside in-country partners. GHNI partners have been working tirelessly to bring food, medical aid and vital items to victims of the flooding. So far, nearly 3,000 families have received immediate food aid (about 18,000 to 20,000 people). These families were selected on the basis of critical need.
Afghanistan suffered a great loss in 2008. A man of monumental service, Gordon Magney, passed away on October 5th. He and his wife, Grace, have devoted 40 years to the Afghan people, either in Kabul, Afghanistan or in Peshawar, Pakistan. Pakistan is where they assisted the 3 1/2 million Afghan refugees fleeing first the Soviet Invasion, then the destructive civil war, and finally the oppression of the Taliban. For the last five years they have been back in Kabul, where their love for the people continues to deeply affected many.