- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Polio Update - May 2018
- Pakistan’s Climate Resilience Receives Boost with World Bank Support for Water, Environment and Cities
- The Impact of Explosive Violence on Students and Education in Kashmir
- First ever national food security policy launched
- Farmers unable to cope with shocks induced by climate change
The security forces operation and the displacement at District Swat, NWFP, Pakistan have deprived the women of the area from their sole source of income- poultry and goats as during the complex emergency situation they either sold it during the crisis to support their families or left back in home during the displacement due to transportation hindrance.
Contracted by: HOPE'87
Conducted by: Swat Youth Front (SYF)
The purpose of the project is to reduce the vulnerability of the displaced/stressful women through minimizing the affects of the displacement by establishing a recreation centre/women friendly space for the IDPs/ Refugees women in established seven camps in NWFP Pakistan. The establishment of women recreation centre will provide a plate form for the women to give ventilation to their feeling and mitigate the impact of post- traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and gender based violence in the camps
The latest security …
(1) Project Overview:
The latest security operation in District Dir Lower, Bunair and Swat resulted in the large displacement of the population of that area migrated to nearby safe places of Dir Upper, Malakand Agency, Swabi, Mardan and HariPur. United Nations sources has declared IDPs situation in Pakistan as the worst human displacement of the world in last fifteen years. They have also claimed that this is more critical than the displacement of Rwanda in 1994.
Rising of Militancy and Talibanization in the area:
District Swat has been has been under the spell of Talibanization, Militancy and terrorism for the last three years.
About District Swat:
District swat, the paradise on earth" is in the north west of Pakistan. District swat, is an administrative unit which lies in the jurisdiction of Malakand division, North West Frontier Province (NWFP.). Swat valley, the land of waterfalls, lakes, lush green hills and other gifts bestowed upon it by the nature, is only 270 kms drive from Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. Swat an attractive spot for the outsiders to be visited as many times as possible due to its natural beauty and unique culture.