- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 07/06/18)
The Irish Red Cross today announced that it would send a further €100,000 to help thousands of people in Pakistan who are facing a second bleak winter following the earthquake that struck last 8 October, leaving millions homeless.
More than €2 million was raised in Ireland by the Red Cross to help fund their relief operation on the ground, where more than 73,000 people were killed and 3.5 million were made homeless. This money was used to pay for vital supplies and services in the stricken region.
Blankets, tents, temporary housing materials, clean water and sanitation facilities, …
DUBLINER, Willie Norton leaves again this week for Pakistan where 73,000 were killed and 3.5 million people were forced out of their homes by the devastating earthquake last October.
WITH temperatures plummeting to minus 15 degrees centigrade in earthquake-devastated Pakistan and more people now accessible to outside help, the Irish Red Cross is playing a vital role in supporting the global Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement to step-up the delivery of aid supplies and services.