Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Pakistan Needs Global Climate Funds to Combat Shifting Weather Patterns
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
Istanbul, Turkey 30 November 2017
Istanbul, Turkey 1 December 2017 The fifth meeting of the Quadripartite Steering Committee chaired by the Government of Afghanistan was held in Istanbul. Turkey on 1 December 2017. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss developments in the implementation of the Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees (SSAR) to Support Voluntary Repatriation and Sustainable Reintegration and Assistance to Host Countries, and to endorse the framework for SSAR for 2018-2019.
Type of crises: Undocumented Returnees from Pakistan
Assessment Team: IOM, CARE, WFP, DRC, WSTA, DORR, DACAAR, Save the children, and Islamic Relief.
Crises date: Oct 2016 to Jan 2017
Date of Notification: 6 Feb 2017
Date of Assessment: 6 to 12 Feb 2017
Most vulnerable undocumented Population:
1. Assessment Findings
KABUL, Afghanistan, November 19 - The Afghan government and the UN refugee agency today pledged to strengthen efforts for returnees and displaced people within the Afghanistan National Development Strategy.
"The story of Afghanistan's return process marks one of the largest and most successful voluntary repatriation programmes in recent decades," said Afghan Foreign Minister Rangin Dadfar Spanta at the opening of the International Conference on Return and Reintegration of Afghan Refugees on Wednesday in Kabul.
"Return, alone, does not mean success. It must be …