- WFP, Govt. Pakistan: Fill the Nutrient Gap Pakistan, Summary Report, November 2017
- IOM: DTM Analysis Flow Monitoring Surveys - Migrants from Pakistan interviewed along the Mediterranean routes in 2016 and 2017 - November 2017
- ECHO Factsheet – Pakistan – November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, October 2017
- DTM Analysis Flow Monitoring Surveys - Migrants from Pakistan interviewed along the Mediterranean routes in 2016 and 2017 - November 2017
- Agriculture Reforms in Punjab, Pakistan to Lift Farm Income, Improve Food
- Fill the Nutrient Gap Pakistan, Summary Report (November 2017)
- Pakistan: KP and FATA - Areas of Displacement, Hosting and Returns as of 31 October 2017
What lessons can we draw from Bangladesh and other refugee-hosting countries on how to leverage change to policies, laws and practices applied to refugees? In what situations have we seen drastic shifts towards more protective legal and policy frameworks? What endogenous and exogenous factors and incentives have contributed to those shifts and what were the associated risks?
What innovative WASH options exist for situations of severe population overcrowding and limited space? What lessons have been learned from their application?
Brigitte Rohwerder, July 2016
What have been the different approaches/strategies to transitional shelter in post-natural disaster contexts in developing countries and what lessons have been learned (with a focus on the non-technical aspects of transitional shelter)?
Literature on approaches to transitional shelter in post-natural disaster contexts reflects the variety of different approaches and definitions, which complicate understandings of transitional shelter and lessons learned.
What are the economic impacts of humanitarian aid? What is the impact on the local economy? How is economic impact/gain distributed? How does economic impact vary with different modalities of aid? What is the economic impact of humanitarian aid on affected populations, e.g. on their access to credit? Identify key gaps in evidence.
This research report draws on empirical case studies on the mainstreaming of Disaster Risk Management (DRM) to provide insights into the experience of low and middle-income countries in Asia. Most case studies are based on reviews and assessments done by international organisations such as the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
This Topic Guide draws on lessons from programmes and case studies to explore which types of economic development interventions can be effective in FCAS and which factors have contributed to successes and failures.
About this Topic Guide
This GSDRC Topic Guide was written by Katie McIntosh and Joanna Buckley (Oxford Policy Management). The production of this Guide was supported by the UK Government.
Initiatives to strengthen rule of law in Sindh: Please provide evidence of local, national or international initiatives to strengthen rule of law in Pakistan, with a focus on initiatives in Sindh. What lessons can be learnt from the literature on these initiatives, with a focus on factors contributing to success?
Key findings: As in the rest of Pakistan, there are number of concerns relating to rule of law in Sindh that include:
Urbanisation and conflict in Pakistan: What are the main links between urbanisation and violence in Pakistan? What positive opportunities does urbanisation offer for conflict reduction? Provide examples of donor approaches to conflict reduction in urban environments.
Key findings: There is a broad body of literature on violence in Pakistan, however less specific material drawing links between urbanisation and incidences of violence. Some of the main links between urbanisation and violence identified in the available literature include:
Community-based disaster risk management in Pakistan: Please provide an overview of the literature on Community-Based Disaster Risk Management in Pakistan. Identify successes and failures (including with regard to inclusion), and key factors of success and failure. Where possible, consider variation among provinces, engagement with local and district government, and the types and methodologies of interventions supported, including links with environmental management.
The impact of integrated missions on humanitarian operations: What is the evidence on the impact of integrated UN missions on the conduct of humanitarian operations? Specifically look at impact on the protection of civilians, humanitarian access and the security of humanitarian agencies, and the perception of humanitarian organisations by warring parties.
Evidence remains scarce, problematic and contested. There is at least limited agreement on the following:
Preventing conflict between refugees and host communities: Provide examples of good practice/programmes in preventing/addressing conflict between refugees and host communities
This report includes programme examples from 13 countries. It highlights three main types of programme designed to tackle tensions and conflicts between refugees and host communities: