Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
DEMIRA is responding to the alarming number of Pneumonia cases in the former quake zone. Aid workers on the ground have reported that 45 children have already died and many more are showing signs of pneumonia symptoms. DEMIRA was asked by Morning Star Development Ngo to provide medical support after it was announced that local hospitals in the region are unable to cope with the growing number of cases and have been forced to turn patients away.
Since the earthquake in October 2005 many people are still living in temporary shelters and are susceptible to the harsh winter weather.