- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Pakistan: UNHCR, partners supporting refugee communities to become self-reliant
- WHO provides support to Pakistan’s immunization programme to strengthen routine immunization in underserved areas
- Another Polio case reported from Bajaur
- Feeding girls less than boys, early marriages key reasons for stunting
- Pakistan Meteorological Department Percentage Departure of Rainfall (mm) for December 2018
OBI Teams Up With Longtime Partner, German Charity Humedica To Provide Relief
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (August 4, 2010) -- Operation Blessing International (OBI) has teamed up with its longtime disaster relief partner, the German charity Humedica, to provide flood relief in Pakistan.
By: Heather Murphy
GOJRA, Pakistan - When an angry mob suddenly attacked a neighborhood of homes with torches and gas, most of the residents ran for the fields. Many left warm dinners on their kitchen tables. Some didn't even have time to put on their shoes before they started running.
The attack that July night was part of a wave of violence against a Christian community in Northern Pakistan. Christian books were burned, people were assaulted and many homes were destroyed.
80-year-old Munchi Masih couldn't run from the mob.
By: Kate Coppin
GOJRA, Pakistan - After an outbreak of violence against a Christian community in Gojra in the Toba Tek Singh district of northern Pakistan earlier this month, Operation Blessing is partnering with the American Center of Law and Justice (ACLJ) to provide emergency relief to 60 families displaced by the attacks.
14 people were killed and more than 300 people have been left homeless after their homes were set on fire by Muslim extremists in what many are calling the worst case of violence against Christians in Pakistan's history.
BALAKOT, Pakistan - Shaziah called for her brother as loud as she could, but there was no answer. The 7.6 magnitude earthquake that shook regions of Pakistan and India had flattened her village and already claimed 42 members of her family.
Ignoring her family's screams to retreat to a safe place, Shaziah continued to search through the rubble. She would not leave without finding her brother.
"My brother is the only hope for my family," said Shaziah. His income supports us and helps in the education of my other siblings.
OBI Field representatives survey a house destroyed by the earthquake.
KASHMIR, India - Knee-deep in rubble from their flattened home, Ahmed and his family found themselves in a race against time. The 7.6-magnitude earthquake that shook regions in Pakistan and India, left Ahmed, his wife and their newborn baby of four days to face the bitter Himalayan winter with no warm clothing and only a make-shift tent.