- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
- Landmark Contribution From China Enables WFP To Assist 158,000 People In Pakistan
The Government has approved three grants from the Disaster Relief Fund totalling $2.6 million to two relief agencies to help flood victims in Pakistan and India.
The three grants include:
* $2 million to Oxfam Hong Kong for providing relief to flood victims in Pakistan;
* $300,000 to Save the Children, Hong Kong for providing relief to flood victims in Pakistan; and
* $300,000 to Save the Children, Hong Kong for providing relief to flood victims in India.
The grants are further to a $3 million disbursement made earlier for World Vision Hong Kong to provide emergency relief …
A $3 million grant from the Disaster Relief Fund has been granted to World Vision for a relief project for flood victims in Pakistan.
The agency will submit an evaluation report and audited accounts on the use of the grant to ensure the money is used properly.
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government (HKSARG) released $272.34 million from the Disaster Relief Fund to provide immediate relief to people in distress outside Hong Kong in the year ending March 31, 2008.
In response to appeals made by governments and international relief organisations, grants were disbursed for the early relief of victims in places outside Hong Kong hard-hit by major disasters.
For 2007-08, assistance was given through 22 relief projects operated by seven relief organisations to help needy victims tide over the calamities that had befallen them.
The Government had accepted the advice of the Disaster Relief Fund Advisory Committee and approved a grant of $880,000 from the Disaster Relief Fund to Mercy Corps Limited for emergency relief to cyclone and flood victims in Pakistan, a government spokesman said today (July 24).
To ensure the money would be used for the designated purposes, the spokesman said Mercy Corps Limited had been asked to submit an evaluation report and an audited account on the use of the grant after the relief project had been completed.
The Disaster Relief Fund was established in December 1993 for …