Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
- Pakistan to go for advanced poliovirus diagnosis mechanism
In response to the worst natural disaster in Pakistan's history, World Concern is funding the work of two longtime partners who have staff working in the region: Mercy Corps and World Vision.
REUTERS/Danish Ismail courtesy www.alertnet.org
The 7.7 magnitude quake struck at 8:50 a.m. Saturday, October 8, wiping out entire villages and towns in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.
Even before September 11th, the BBC had reported, "One third of the Afghan population has fled abroad despairing of a future at home."