- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
Direct Relief International has furnished $6 million in emergency medical material aid in response to the 7.6 magnitude earthquake that struck northern Pakistan and Kashmir on October 8.
Recipient: American Refugee Committee
Shipment Number: 4736
Shipment Date: 11/15/2005
Direct Relief International has furnished $6 million in emergency medical material aid over the last six weeks in response to the 7.6 magnitude earthquake that struck northern Pakistan and Kashmir on October 8.
SANTA BARBARA, CA (November 09, 2005) Direct Relief International has furnished $5.7 million in emergency medical material aid over the past month in response to the 7.6 magnitude earthquake that struck northern Pakistan and Kashmir on October 8.
Recipient: Sultana Foundation
Shipment Number: 4708
Shipment Date: 10/20/2005
Direct Relief International's Operations Manager, Brett Williams (who also is an Emergency Medical Technician) reported today that the situation remains urgent for the estimated 2 million or more people left homeless after the October 8th earthquake. Williams is overseeing the coordination and distribution of emergency medical material provided by Direct Relief, which has exceeded $2 million over the past month.
Williams reported that basic shelter needs as winter approaches are the top priority for relief efforts.
Direct Relief International has responded to the massive earthquake that has reportedly killed over 50,000 persons, injured tens of thousands, and left three million homeless in Pakistan and India with six hand-carried shipments and airlifted three shipments of emergency medical supplies.
$500,000 in Humanitarian Aid Furnished; Operations Manager in Pakistan to Coordinate Efforts
SANTA BARBARA, CA Direct Relief International today announced that it has committed an initial $250,000 in cash to assist victims of the devastating earthquake in Pakistan and India.
Direct Relief today furnished an initial supply of $200,000 worth of emergency medical supplies in response to the Pakistan earthquake.
In response to the reported magnitude 7.6 earthquake near the India-Pakistan border, Direct Relief is preparing to respond as needed to emergency health needs.
Direct Relief Chief of Staff Annie Maxwell is in India on a previously scheduled visit with the leaders of BJS, an Indian nongovernmental organization with a nationwide disaster planning and response capacity, and has extended Direct Relief's offer of assistance.
Vice President of Programs Chris Brady has been in direct contact with a hospital administrator of a Direct Relief partner in Pakistan.