Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
Shangla is a mountainous, isolated district in the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan with a population of approximately 800,000. The main town is Alpuri, where the district headquarters are located, while it is divided into two sub-divisions namely Alpuri and Puran. Puran is presently "no-go" area as clashes between militants and the army are ongoing. Shangla has the lowest Human Development index in NWFP province and the second lowest in the country.
Terror attack Shangla
Cordaid is active in Shangla since July 2009 responding to the IDP crisis.