- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Pakistan: Surge in Militant Attacks on Schools
- Asia Briefing N°150 - Shaping a New Peace in Pakistan’s Tribal Areas
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (5 - 11 Aug 2018)
- World Report 2018 - Pakistan: Events of 2017
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
A baseline study undertaken by icddr,b and Population Council in the slums of Mohakhali, Mohammadpur and Jatrabari reveals that women and girls’ sexual and reproductive health rights are consistently being violated, with gender-based violence occurring at alarming rates. According to the study, 76% of the women surveyed had endured physical or sexual abuse during the past 12 months, with 43% having suffered both physical and sexual abuse. 85% reported that their husbands restricted their access to health care.
Rapid response teams will aid victims of epidemics worldwide
NEW YORK, NY – AmeriCares and icddr,b are joining forces to launch a Global Cholera Preparedness program in hopes of preventing thousands of unnecessary deaths over the next two years. Every year there are as many as 5 million estimated cholera cases worldwide and over 100,000 deaths from the waterborne disease, which spreads rapidly in areas with overcrowding and poor sanitation.
ICDDR,B Team assists massive health relief effort in flood-ravaged Pakistan A team of experts in clinical management and epidemic control from ICDDR,B (International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh) has just returned home from a three-week mission to flood-stricken Pakistan.