- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
- Landmark Contribution From China Enables WFP To Assist 158,000 People In Pakistan
A baseline study undertaken by icddr,b and Population Council in the slums of Mohakhali, Mohammadpur and Jatrabari reveals that women and girls’ sexual and reproductive health rights are consistently being violated, with gender-based violence occurring at alarming rates. According to the study, 76% of the women surveyed had endured physical or sexual abuse during the past 12 months, with 43% having suffered both physical and sexual abuse. 85% reported that their husbands restricted their access to health care.
Rapid response teams will aid victims of epidemics worldwide
NEW YORK, NY – AmeriCares and icddr,b are joining forces to launch a Global Cholera Preparedness program in hopes of preventing thousands of unnecessary deaths over the next two years. Every year there are as many as 5 million estimated cholera cases worldwide and over 100,000 deaths from the waterborne disease, which spreads rapidly in areas with overcrowding and poor sanitation.
ICDDR,B Team assists massive health relief effort in flood-ravaged Pakistan A team of experts in clinical management and epidemic control from ICDDR,B (International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh) has just returned home from a three-week mission to flood-stricken Pakistan.