- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Pakistan: Voluntary Repatriation Weekly Update | As of 12th October 2018
- Two more infants succumb to malnutrition in Tharparkar
- Measles awareness session held in Landikotal
- Pakistani government expels ActionAid and other INGOs from Pakistan
- As groundwater levels plunge, Lahore begins turning off taps
01.09.2013, KSA – Prominent Islamic Scholars (the Ulama) from Pakistan, other Muslim countries and the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA) haved pledged to support the Polio Eradication Program in Pakistan. The scholars disclosed this during a two day session organised by the Islamic Development Bank at its headquarters in Jeddah, KSA, where they discussed the challenges hindering the implementation of the Polio Eradication Program (PEP) in Pakistan. The Ulama also commended IDB for its contribution to the Polio Eradication Program.
03 August, 2013 – Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, President of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group, joined world leaders on 27 September 2012, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York and called for global solidarity to win the fight against polio. Subsequently, the IDB approved its financing of US$227 million for Pakistan on 11 November 2012, for supporting its Polio Eradication Program.
Jeddah, July 6,2013 : Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, Chairman of the IDB Group hailed the existing cooperation between the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the IDB Group in their efforts to eradicate polio in three member countries of the Bank, viz., Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria.
Dr. Ali, who visited the Gates Foundation in Seattle, Washington, last week, expressed hope to step up cooperation to include eradication of contagious diseases, increasing food security, and promoting health services especially for children in IDB member countries.