Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
Human Rights Committee
11 July 2011
Adopts Agenda and Programme of Work, Meets with Non-Governmental Organizations
The Human Rights Committee this morning opened its one-hundredth second session, adopting its agenda and programme of work and hearing an address by Navi Pillay, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. The Committee also held a meeting with non-governmental organizations and national human rights institutions on improving cooperation with the Committee.
NEW YORK (4 April 2011) : The Human Rights Committee may examine Pakistan's actions to promote and protect human rights guaranteed by the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, despite a reservation excluding itself from the treaty's reporting obligations.
In a statement issued Friday at the end of its 101st session in New York, the Committee recalled that article 40 of the Covenant, to which Pakistan has made a reservation, gives the Human Rights Committee the competence to study reports submitted by States Parties.