Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
Adopted on 19 October 2012 during the 53rd session
Girls’ and women’s right to education is a central obligation of States parties under the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (the CEDAW Convention). This obligation is set out in articles 2 and 10 of the CEDAW Convention as well as in other international human rights documents such as the Millennium Development Goals and the Education for All (EFA) Dakar Framework for Action.
GENEVA (27 October 2010) - Three United Nations human rights treaty bodies on Monday issued a joint appeal* to the Pakistani authorities and relief agencies to strengthen the human rights-based approach of their efforts, in order to prevent further victimization of the most vulnerable population affected by the country's worst monsoon flooding in a century.
"The floods have disproportionately affected them," said the Committee on the Rights of the Child, the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, and the Committee on the Rights of Persons with …