- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Polio Update - May 2018
- Pakistan’s Climate Resilience Receives Boost with World Bank Support for Water, Environment and Cities
- The Impact of Explosive Violence on Students and Education in Kashmir
- First ever national food security policy launched
- Farmers unable to cope with shocks induced by climate change
Samaritan's Purse is Providing Physical Help and Spiritual Comfort to Victims of Pakistan Disaster
BALAKOT, Pakistan - October 8 began like any other day for the people of Balakot. But within minutes, a catastrophic earthquake broke apart the ground beneath the picturesque mountain city and buried most of its residents. Few lives or buildings were spared.
The 7.6-magnitude earthquake-the largest ever on the Asian subcontinent - shook a 10,810 square mile area that includes remote and mountainous parts of northern Pakistan, India, and Afghanistan.
BALAKOT, Pakistan -- October 8 began like any other day for the people of Balakot. But within minutes, a catastrophic earthquake broke apart the ground beneath the picturesque mountain city and buried most of its residents. Few lives or buildings were spared.
As Winter Threatens Earthquake Survivors, Samaritan's Purse Responds with Our Largest Airlift Ever
A giant 747 cargo jet filled with 120 tons of relief goods from Samaritan's Purse landed in Islamabad on November 1 carrying emergency aid to earthquake survivors in Pakistan.
"The equipment and supplies loaded on this plane will help save lives and alleviate suffering," said Samaritan's Purse President Franklin Graham.
Building Materials Are Helping People in Isolated Villages Survive the Harsh Winter
BALAKOT, Pakistan - The village of Khanian was completely leveled by the massive earthquake that struck Pakistan in October. More than half of its 600 residents were killed, including 70 children who were buried beneath their school.
Khanian is located in the remote, mountainous region of Kashmir.