Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Pakistan on the brink of winning the war against polio
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
In 2015, the key themes of IDSN’s work have been atrocities and access to criminal justice, the rights struggle of Dalit women, forced and bonded labour, and caste discrimination in the delivery of humanitarian assistance.
In 2014, caste discrimination figured prominently in a number of reports and country reviews by UN human rights bodies. More treaty body reviews than ever before highlighted caste discrimination in concluding observations, and eleven thematic and country reports of special procedures mandate-holders made reference to caste discrimination addressing a broad range of themes.
A core objective in IDSN’s advocacy for the elimination of caste discrimination is to influence policy makers and international institutions. In respect to parliamentary action, 2013 became one of the most productive years in IDSN’s history; the results constitute years of advocating for the human rights of Dalits and others affected by caste discrimination with EU and UN institutions.
“Walking the talk”
It is often only in retrospect that we see the success of interventions. This is true for Dalit movements and organisations struggling at the local or national level as well as for joint efforts of Dalit human rights defenders at the international level.