Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
Over 142,000 people in ten countries will benefit; includes emergency responses in South Sudan and northern Nigeria
Over 142,000 people in ten countries will benefit from fourteen projects totaling $3.7 committed by Canadian Foodgrains Bank in November.
The projects are being implemented by Foodgrains Bank members ADRA Canada, Canadian Baptist Ministries, Emergency Relief and Development Overseas (ERDO), Mennonite Central Committee Canada, Presbyterian World Service & Development and World Renew, in collaboration with their local partners.
Funding from Canadian Foodgrains Bank being used to help orphan family
WINNIPEG, Man. -- In a village in the Jacobabad District of Pakistan’s Sindh province—an area hard hit by floods in the last several years—an eleven year-old orphan who looks after his four younger siblings is receiving help from Canadian Foodgrains Bank.
“Our situation was not good before the floods because of the death of my father, but it got worse when my mother died shortly after the floods,” says Javed. “The entire responsibility of the house was on my shoulders.”