Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
- Pakistan to go for advanced poliovirus diagnosis mechanism
ISLAMABAD, 14 October 2006 - The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have received a shield of commendation from Pakistan's Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz in recognition of their outstanding and meritorious services in earthquake-affected areas. The PM recently awarded select individuals and organizations at a public ceremony here.
The October 2005 earthquake was one of the worst disasters in Pakistan's history. Towns and villages became graveyards, as thousands of precious lives were lost under the rubble.
BONN, 24 January 2006 - So far in Adham Effendi's 27 years on this planet he has seen more than his fair share of tragedy and despair, from the plight of refugees in his native Pakistan to starving children in Eritrea.
Now as a United Nations Volunteer with the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) in Pakistan, Effendi is trying to prevent a tragic event from getting worse.
As the head of WFP's sub-office in Pakistan's northern Battagram district, he has to communicate, coordinate, manage and monitor the programme's operations in four districts.
ISLAMABAD, 19 January 2006 - The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme have launched a National United Nations Volunteers scheme to engage Pakistanis in earthquake recovery and rehabilitation efforts.
Through this scheme, UN Volunteers will join activities led by national and international organizations in earthquake-affected areas and assist in other development initiatives throughout Pakistan.
BONN, 23 November 2005 - The Government of Germany has contributed US $1 million to support the contribution of the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme in the recovery and rehabilitation of communities in Pakistan following the 8 October earthquake.
ISLAMABAD/BONN, 17 November 2005 - The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme are committed to supporting Pakistan in implementing its National Volunteer Movement (NVM), an initiative launched on 1 November to respond to the massive relief and reconstruction effort in quake-devastated areas of Pakistan.
BONN, 14 October 2005 - The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is mobilizing Pakistani and international UN Volunteers to support relief activities following the 8 October earthquake that devastated northern Pakistan.
As part of the UN flash appeal for US $272 million to implement an international aid package launched on 11 October, an estimated US $1 million is earmarked for UNV.
ISLAMABAD/BONN, 26 March 2002 -- United Nations Volunteers of Afghan origin have started arriving to support recovery efforts for and with the people of Afghanistan.