- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- GIEWS Country Brief: Pakistan 19-January-2018
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
DR. FOUZIA SAEED-who was in Islamabad, Pakistan at the time of the earthquake-is an expert in social development issues. She has worked throughout Pakistan with national and international organizations, the United Nations and civil society groups.
NetAid: Speaking as someone close to the disaster, what are the greatest challenges to delivering aid to areas affected by the earthquake?
Dr. Saeed: The rural inhabitants of the hills in Pakistan have a tradition of living far away from one another, not like the plains where houses are clustered together in villages.