Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Pakistan Needs Global Climate Funds to Combat Shifting Weather Patterns
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
DR. FOUZIA SAEED-who was in Islamabad, Pakistan at the time of the earthquake-is an expert in social development issues. She has worked throughout Pakistan with national and international organizations, the United Nations and civil society groups.
NetAid: Speaking as someone close to the disaster, what are the greatest challenges to delivering aid to areas affected by the earthquake?
Dr. Saeed: The rural inhabitants of the hills in Pakistan have a tradition of living far away from one another, not like the plains where houses are clustered together in villages.