Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
In Cairo: Riham Mustafa Phone: +20224614230 E-mail: RMustafa@ifc.org
In London Carmen Powell Phone: +44-207-722-0649 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Islamabad, Pakistan, April 4, 2011 -- IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, said today it has provided a $30 million loan to Engro Fertilizers Pakistan Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Engro Corporation, to help the company with an expansion plan that will more than double production and create job opportunities.
Karachi, Pakistan, December 20, 2010-IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, announced today it will provide advisory services to help Government of Sindh in Pakistan attract private investment to build new grain storage facilities aimed at safeguarding future food security.
IFC will advise the government on establishing public-private partnerships (PPPs) to build multigrain storage facilities in the province capable of holding up to 500,000 metric tons, which will improve the quality of stored crops, and reduce wasteful losses.
IFC will help Sindh identify private sector investors to …
1. This note assembles some of the evaluative experience that may be relevant to the Pakistan flood recovery program. Prepared quickly, it has a selective focus, and hence may well miss some important aspects. While the destructive impact of the calamity is widespread on the well-being of the population, the chosen areas of this note refer primarily to restoring rural livelihoods. They draw on what seem to represent the most relevant evaluative experiences from within and outside the World Bank.