Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
- Pakistan to go for advanced poliovirus diagnosis mechanism
New York, September 8, 2009 -- A month after violence erupted against Christians in Pakistan, the Episcopal Bishop of Lahore has told church leaders in the United States that tensions between Christians and Muslims are not likely to subside any time soon.
"In this whole war on terror, Pakistan is a frontline partner with the United States," said the Rev.
In India and Pakistan following the devastating earthquake on 9 October, massive rescue and relief operations are under way but there are immense difficulties because of broken and blocked roads and bridges, heavy rainfall, hail storms, low temperatures and mud and land slides.
Victor Azariah, General Secretary of the National Council of Churches in Pakistan, has appealed for prayers for the injured, the victims, and needy and homeless people -- that they be helped to save their lives, with food, tents and medical assistance which is immediately required.
"May the Lord bestow us …