Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
- Pakistan: KP and FATA - Areas of Displacement, Hosting and Returns as of 28 February 2018
Vitamins and minerals are vital in a child=B4s diet to boost immunity and healthy development. Too often, young children=B4s health and immunity are threatened by malnutrition and infections, creating a vicious cycle of infection exacerbating malnourishment. Although an infectious disease is often listed as the cause of death, malnutrition plays a crucial role in more than half of the 10.6 million annual deaths of children under five.
Great strides have been made in our understanding of nutritional interventions that can contribute to the prevention and treatment of infections.