- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Drought Bulletin of Pakistan (July-September 2018)
- Pakistan Meteorological Department National Drought Monitoring Centre - Subject: Drought Alert III
- The Final Push – Last nationwide polio vaccination campaign of 2018 will aim to protect more than 38 million children
- Overview: Punjab (as of 22 May 2018)
- Pakistan: Sindh Overview Map (as of 03 April 2018)
Nineteen districts in Sindh and 11 districts in Balochistan province are facing moderate to severe drought with below average rainfall from June to November. The lack of water puts agriculture and livestock at risk.
There is no data on the amount of people affected by drought. Over 600 children have died this year in drought-hit Thar, Sindh province due to contaminated water and malnutrition. Health and livelihood concerns are high.
Overall, political violence decreased slightly while the number of reported demonstration remained static in the South and Southeast Asian regions last week. The key developments of the last week were ongoing fighting between both Taliban and Islamic State (IS) militants and security forces in Afghanistan, a surge in cross-border violence between Indian and Pakistan, as well as a high number of reported fatalities arising from the West Papua National Liberation Army’s actions in Indonesia.
Between 1 January and 31 October 2018, 3,346 unaccompanied and separated children arrived in Italy by sea, representing 15% of all sea arrivals in this period. Consistent with an overall decrease in sea arrivals this year so far, the number of UASC reaching Italian shores in the first ten months of 2018 is considerably lower than in the same period last year, when almost 14,600 landed in Italy. However, the proportion of UASC among sea arrivals in the January-October 2018 period (15 per cent) is slightly higher than in January-October 2017 (13 per cent).
Launch of the Global Humanitarian Overview 2019 and the World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
Key issues in the past week:
On 30 November 2018, a 4.9 magnitude earthquake hit Pule-Khumri city in Baghlan province: 1,190 people were affected, nine people were injured, 32 houses destroyed, and 138 houses damaged.
Based on initial reports, 29,650 people were displaced in the past week.
A total of 316,470 people have been verified as displaced by conflict in 2018.
Countrywide conflict displacement
Katowice, 09-10. December 2018 – During the UN Climate Change Conference 2018 (COP24) in Katowice, Poland, high-level representatives and experts from V20 and G20 countries, international organizations, private sector and academia convened under the InsuResilience Global Partnership to advance financial protection for poor and vulnerable people and countries.
ÉBAUCHE D’AVANT-PROPOS DE LA MINISTRE BIBEAU POUR LE RECUEIL DU SYMPOSIUM SUR L’ÉGALITÉ ENTRE LES SEXES DU CALP
Bien que les conflits entre les États aient considérablement diminué ces dernières années, les conflits au sein des États – auxquels participent fréquemment des acteurs non étatiques – sont en hausse. Par conséquent, des millions de personnes doivent se déplacer et composer avec des possibilités réduites, un accès limité aux services et un avenir incertain.
- 766,300 total returns from Iran and Pakistan since 01 Jan 2018
- 735,277 total returns from Iran since 01 Jan 2018 31,023 total returns from Pakistan since 01 Jan
- 13,644 undocumented Afghans returned from Iran 331 undocumented Afghans returned from Pakistan 5% of returnees from Iran (623 individuals) assisted
- 87% of returnees from Pakistan (287 individuals) assisted
Return from Iran
Total arrivals (1 Jan - 09 Dec 2018): 23,051
Total arrivals (1 Jan - 09 Dec 2017): 117,218
Total arrivals 1 Dec - 09 Dec 2018 116
Total arrivals 1 Dec - 09 Dec 2017 176
Average daily arrivals in December 2018 so far: 13
Average daily arrivals in November 2018: 33
Déplacement de criquets vers les zones de reproduction hivernale
La situation relative au Criquet pèlerin reste calme dans tous les pays.