- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
- Landmark Contribution From China Enables WFP To Assist 158,000 People In Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Dec 26 (UNHCR) - A top-ranking justice official in Pakistan has called for a new approach to deal with refugee-related court cases in a country that hosts millions of refugees but lacks domestic legislation to protect their rights adequately.
IRAQ / KUWAIT - Kuwait Trains Basra Burn Medics - IOM has organized a training programme in Kuwait for four medical staff from the newly-rehabilitated Burns Unit of Basra General Hospital in Iraq.
ISLAMABAD, Dec 18 (UNHCR) - The UN refugee agency today took a first step towards opening dialogue between Afghanistan and its refugee students on scholarship in neighbouring Pakistan and Iran.
ISLAMABAD, 12 December (IRIN) - Just over 10,000 Afghan refugees sheltered in a remote refugee camp in the Khyber Agency, about 70 km from Peshawar, the capital of the North West Frontier Province (NWFP), are to be offered a choice between repatriation and or relocation to another camp in Pakistan by March, according to an official of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) official.
Some $290 million would be needed next year to fund 300 mine action projects in 36 countries, Jean-Marie Guéhenno, Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations, said at a Headquarters press briefing today.
LORALAI, Pakistan (UNHCR) - Almost unnoticed amid the efforts to repatriate Afghan refugees and care for the last wave to arrive in Pakistan, the UN refugee agency continues to watch over nearly a million other Afghan refugees who have been here for up to 24 years.
DUBAI, Dec 3 (UNHCR) - Government officials from Afghanistan and Pakistan meeting together with senior UNHCR staff today in the third tripartite meeting to discuss refugee repatriation said that security in Afghanistan is an absolute requirement for the resumption of returns and a successful repatriation.