Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
The report “Louder than words: An agenda for action to end state use of child soldiers” is published to mark the tenth anniversary year of the entry into force of the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict. It examines the record of states in protecting children from use in hostilities by their own forces and by state-allied armed groups. It finds that, while governments’ commitment to ending child soldier use is high, the gap between commitment and practice remains wide.
- The food security situation in Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia is acute and deteriorating. The crop harvest of the main season is about 15 per cent lower than the historical average. This comes on the back of more than three consecutive droughts which have decimated crop production and pasture in most arid and semi-arid areas. The overall situation is further aggravated by growing conflicts. The number of affected people is estimated at more than 20 million.
- Global Acute Malnutrition (GAM) rates are increasing, reaching alarming levels.