- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 07/06/18)
TURKEY: FOOD, BLANKETS FOR EARTHQUAKE SURVIVORS
Since a catastrophic 7.2-magnitude earthquake rocked eastern Turkey on Sunday, October 23, the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) has been in conversation with partner International Blue Crescent (IBC), seeking to get emergency supplies to survivors.
At least 270 people were known to have died in the earthquake, whose epicenter was in the town of Ercis. Some 1,300 people were injured in the quake and the 200 aftershocks that rattled the area through Sunday night. Many people remain missing.
March 11, 2011 -
As humanitarian agencies begin to grapple with the scope of the massive earthquake that has hit Japan and continue to struggle helping the displaced people of Haiti and Pakistan after natural disasters there, and as political turmoil unfolds in North Africa, there is now a need more than ever for protection in the humanitarian world. I've always been a strong advocate of protection, so this recent call for increased action should make me confident.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, Conor Lenihan TD has assured the Dáil today that Ireland stands ready to commit further funds to the Pakistani earthquake disaster.
La Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional (AECI) fleta hoy dos nuevos aviones con material de ayuda humanitaria. Se trata de un aparatoILYUSHIN, de 30 toneladas de carga con destino a Pakistán, y un DC 8, también con capacidad para 30 toneladas de carga y destino a El Salvador y Guatemala.
Madrid, 9 de octubre de 2005 - Cáritas Española ha enviado a Cáritas Guatemala en las últimas horas 120.000 euros, para continuar con las actividades que habia comenzado en las zonas más afectadas y seguir coordinando acciones con la Coordinadora Nacional para la Reducción de Desastres (CONRED).
Welcome to the July/August edition of the Monthly Emergencies Update. The past month has seen considerable flooding in Orissa, India and Pakistan and Ghana. Updates also include progress on the Sneh Samudaya programme in Gujarat in response to the earthquake, a visit by Princess Anne in Mozambique, the latest Maoist insurgency in Nepal and drought in Central America. Please click on the items below to take to the corresponding update:
Floods in Orissa
Hundreds of volunteers have been helping with clean-up following the devastating floods in southern West Virginia. The UMCOR Depot sent 1500 flood buckets containing cleaning supplies, and United Methodists in the area continue to reach out with material resources, helping hands, and pastoral care. Thousands of homes and other buildings will need extensive repairs or will have to be completely rebuilt. To join in relief and recovery efforts, please give to UMCOR's Domestic Disaster Response, Advance #901670-1.
Emergency assistance continues for El Salvador
El Salvador - At least 174 people were killed in the level 6.1 earthquake that hit 50 miles southeast of the capital, San Salvador, on February 13. The quake hit one month to the day after a 7.6 earthquake hit El Salvador, killing at least 844 people and causing thousands to become homeless.