Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Pakistan on the brink of winning the war against polio
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
In 2016, Doctors of the World Belgium began providing medical care and psychological counseling to asylum seekers at two centers in Croatia.
Syrians, Iraqis, Pakistanis and Iranians are among those living at the centers who have fled due to dire circumstances such as war, persecution and crippling poverty.
In Croatia, our team consists of general health practitioners, nurses, community workers and interpreters who provide primary healthcare check ups and conduct health screenings of newly arrived applicants to ensure their well being and protection.
Nicaragua – Earthquake (GDACS, USGS, SINAPRED, Local Media)
A strong 6.5M earthquake at a depth of 35km hit in the Pacific Ocean, ca. 40km off the coasts of Leon province, Nicaragua on 15 June at 17:34 UTC. USGS indicates 80,000 people exposed to "Strong" shaking, Local media report one person dead and light damage in the capital Managua and in the provinces of Chinandega and Leon.
Pakistan – Severe weather (Pakistan Government, Local Media)