- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Polio Update - May 2018
- The Impact of Explosive Violence on Students and Education in Kashmir
- Pakistan’s Climate Resilience Receives Boost with World Bank Support for Water, Environment and Cities
- First ever national food security policy launched
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
This report was written by Iliana Savova, Director, Refugee and Migrant Legal Programme, Bulgarian Helsinki Committee and was edited by ECRE.
One of the more disturbing effects of the refugee crisis is the increasing number of unaccompanied minors. As Emanuela Barbiroglio reports from Sofia, the situation in Bulgaria is particularly bad.
Mohamad is 15-years old, Baser and Rahat Ali* are 12. The first two come from Afghanistan, the latter from Pakistan. What they have in common is that they all have spent some time in a detention center in Bulgaria, which is illegal.
Mohamad has just arrived in the open camp in Voenna Rampa, Sofia, after two weeks in a detention center.