Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
- Pakistan to go for advanced poliovirus diagnosis mechanism
By Kun Li
NEW YORK, USA, 5 September 2007 - UNICEF's Executive Board opened its second regular session of 2007 in New York today. Meeting through 7 September, board members will examine existing programmes in a total of 17 countries in order to define focus areas and create a framework for progress over the next five years.
Executive Director Ann M.
Geneva, August 30, 2007 - Geneva's Council of State has voted to make 100,000 Swiss francs available to CARE International in order to provide tents, food and safe drinking water to approximately 15,000 people left homeless by the earthquake in Peru. The grant from the Geneva government comes just as authorities in Peru have launched an urgent appeal for help in finding emergency shelter. CARE has been working in Peru since 1970, and its programs currently help an estimated 500,000 people, many of them in the most impoverished sectors of society.