- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
- Swiss Embassy, ADB Sign Agreement to Support National Disaster Risk Management Fund
Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. River Kabul at Nowshera is in Low Flood level. All the other major Rivers are in the state of their normal flows. Flows in the River Chenab along with Nullahs of Rivers Ravi & Chenab are likely to increase from 23 July 2018. Details at Annex A.
Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. River Kabul at Nowshera is in Low Flood level. All the other major Rivers are in the state of their normal flows. Flows in the Nullahs of Rivers Ravi & Chenab are likely to increase from 23 July 2018. Details at Annex A.
By Quratulain Fatima
Flight Lieutenant Quratulain Fatima is a policy practitioner working extensively in rural and conflict-ridden areas of Pakistan with a focus on gender inclusive development and conflict prevention. She is a 2018 Aspen New Voices Fellow
In 1926, when Lady Reading started collecting funds to establish a hospital in Peshawar, no one could have anticipated that the facility would one day provide medical care to 28 million people. The hospital meets the health-care needs of people from across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and the former Federally Administered Tribal Areas. Today, this 1,600-bedded tertiary care hospital is one of the main referral hospitals for 26 districts of KP.
By Jamil Nagri
GILGIT: With large swathes of cultivated and other land coming under water, floodwaters and landslides blocking several vital roads and thousands of people getting marooned, flooding caused by rapid melting of glaciers has wreaked havoc across Gilgit-Baltistan.
Two people were killed when a family was hit by floodwaters, sources said on Thursday.
Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. River Kabul at Nowshera is in Low Flood level. All the other major Rivers are in the state of their normal flows.
Details at Annex A.
• In June 2018, the price of wheat increased by 2.4% while wheat flour decreased by 1.1% over May 2018; the price of rice Irri-6 increased by 1.3% while the price of rice Basmati decreased by 0.6% in June 2018 when compared to the previous month;
• Headline inflation based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) increased in June 2018 by 0.57% over May 2018 and increased by 5.21% over June 2017;
Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. River Kabul at Nowshera is in Low Flood level. All the other major Rivers are flowing is the state of their normal flows. Details at Annex A.
The Community-Based Protection (CBP) and Urban Outreach Strategy (2017-2019) for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan was endorsed in July 2017. The overall goal of the CBP and Outreach Strategy is for Afghan refugees living in Pakistan to be empowered and their resilient capacity strengthened, enabling them to minimize their exposure to protection risks and improve their overall protection environment, with a special focus on the most vulnerable.
The four key priorities of the strategy covers:
Nine Advice and Legal Aid Centres (ALAC) are operational in the main refugee -hosting areas of four provinces and provide free legal support to persons of concern: four in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), one in Sindh and three in Punjab and Islamabad Capital Territory through partnership agreements with SHARP and one in Balochistan run by SEHER.
*7,726 Afghan registered refugees (PoR cardholders) repatriated to Afghanistan from 1 March – 30 June 2018.
*12,528 Afghan refugee births registered from 1 January – 30 June 2018.
*1,308 IDP individuals (218 families) returned to their areas of origin in Pakistan since 1 January 2018.
Working with Partners
Proof of Registration (PoR) card is an important protection tool that provides temporary legal stay and freedom of movement for the 1.39 million registered Afghan refugees in Pakistan. PoR cards which have expired at the end of 2015 have been extended through official notification until 30 September 2018*.
Overview of Voluntary Repatriation from Pakistan to Afghanistan
UNHCR facilitates the Voluntary Repatriation of Afghan refugees as part of its mandate to provide durable solutions.
1. Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division
River Kabul at Nowshera is flowing at Low level and a ll other rivers are flowing at normal level . Details at Annex A .
2. Past Meteorological Situation and Future Forecast by PMD
14 July 2018, Gilgit – Following the Inception Workshop held in Islamabad on 5 July, 2018, the Government of Gilgit-Baltistan and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launched a new US$37 million project today that will benefit more than 30 million people with scaled-up early warning systems, training on glacial lake outburst flood (GLOF) preparedness and response, and the creation of new protective infrastructure.
Authorities Should Enhance Security to Ensure Free and Fair Vote
(New York) – Pakistan’s interim government should take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of candidates and political party activists who are at risk of attack from the Taliban and other militant groups, Human Rights Watch said today. Nationwide parliamentary elections in Pakistan are scheduled for July 25, 2018.