- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Tomorrow, Wednesday, will mark three months since demonstrations began in Nicaragua, initially against planned pension reforms but which have evolved into protests against President Daniel Ortega’s government.
The violence that has to date left an estimated 280 people dead and 1830 injured has been overwhelmingly perpetrated by the State and by pro-government armed elements. Those killed include at least 19 police officers.
Recent weather incidents highlight the danger caused by displaced antipersonnel mines
In early August 2010, North Korean landmines drifted along streams between North and South Korea due to heavy rain-fall, causing the death of one man and injuring another after they picked up a mine on their way back from fishing.
In the two years since a powerful earthquake devastated parts of northern Pakistan, individuals and communities have worked to rebuild. Church World Service responded to immediate emergency needs following the quake, and has been a part of the rebuilding process.
Some 1,785 men have become certified in construction trades--masonry, electricity, welding, plumbing, and carpentry--with the help of Church World Service and a local partner.