- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- GIEWS Country Brief: Pakistan 19-January-2018
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 01/10/18)
Recent weather incidents highlight the danger caused by displaced antipersonnel mines
In early August 2010, North Korean landmines drifted along streams between North and South Korea due to heavy rain-fall, causing the death of one man and injuring another after they picked up a mine on their way back from fishing.
In the two years since a powerful earthquake devastated parts of northern Pakistan, individuals and communities have worked to rebuild. Church World Service responded to immediate emergency needs following the quake, and has been a part of the rebuilding process.
Some 1,785 men have become certified in construction trades--masonry, electricity, welding, plumbing, and carpentry--with the help of Church World Service and a local partner.