Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Pakistan Needs Global Climate Funds to Combat Shifting Weather Patterns
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
For more than nine years since the inception of UNMIL, Pakistani military doctors have rendered invaluable service to the host population, including some life-saving interventions. Prof. Lucky Ehigiator, Dean of the College of Health and Sciences at the William Tubman University in Harper, was among one of the beneficiaries.
On the Road to Recovery
Liberia has come a long way since the end of the war more than two years ago. With security largely restored and a newly elected government in place, the country has turned its back on the dark past and is now walking towards a brighter future. However, much still remains to be done to restore basic services and improve the lives of the people.
by Tobias Epprecht, Head of Delegation, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Liberia
As tens of thousands of Liberians gradually return home, the pressing need for humanitarian aid persists.
Universal Children's Day on November 20 has served to promote the plight of children worldwide since 1954. This year, while commemorating all of the children of the world, SOS Children's Villages would like to draw special attention to the suffering of children in conflict areas.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today's Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR website, www.unhcr.ch, which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.