Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
- Pakistan to go for advanced poliovirus diagnosis mechanism
- Afghan Refugees in Spotlight Amid Debate Over Sources of Unrest
Yemen: Alarming Malnutrition Rates among Children in Conflict Zone
The UN's fund for children, UNICEF, is sounding the alarm over staggering rates of child malnutrition in the conflict-affected Sa'ada governorate in northern Yemen.
A UNICEF-supported survey carried out by the Ministry of Public Health and Population found that nearly half of the 26,246 children aged 6-59 months screened in five western districts of Sa'ada in July 2010 were suffering from global acute malnutrition (GAM). In one area, the proportion was as high as three out of four children. The World …
Lynn B. Pascoe, Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs, outlined, at a Headquarters press conference this afternoon, a wide range of political issues confronting his Department on the eve of the opening of the sixty-fourth session of the General Assembly tomorrow.
"The broad front" of issues that would be at the centre of attention during the next few weeks in New York included the situation in Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Myanmar, the Middle East, Lebanon, Cyprus, Somalia and Madagascar.
GENEVA, April 18 (UNHCR) - Saudi Arabia's Prince Faisal Bin Abdullah Al Saud, president of the Saudi Red Crescent Society, and UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres signed an agreement on Wednesday to strengthen cooperation on joint implementation of humanitarian projects.
Each week, the World Health Organization Department for Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.