Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
- Pakistan to go for advanced poliovirus diagnosis mechanism
- Afghan Refugees in Spotlight Amid Debate Over Sources of Unrest
MANILA, PHILIPPINES - ADB Board of Directors has approved a US$5 million grant to help Central and West Asia address the impacts of climate change on the region.
The assistance will be through policy and capacity development and supporting investments in climate change adaptation.
"Climate change is taking its toll on the region, with declining crop yields, retreat of glaciers, increased diseases and heat stress, and changes in ecosystem functions," says Mark Kunzer, Environment Specialist of ADB's Central and West Asia Department.
In the future, climate change is …
PAKISTAN: Highest mortality rate among children in South Asia
PAKISTAN: Sharif pardon invokes harsh criticism