Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Pakistan Needs Global Climate Funds to Combat Shifting Weather Patterns
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
ISLAMABAD, Aug 14: Two Pakistan Air Force aircraft carrying relief goods for Iranians affected in the recent quake landed in Iran on Tuesday.
Another flight was said to be on its way on Tuesday night, carrying tents, blankets and mats, the spokesman for Pakistan Embassy in Tehran, M.M. Jafari, said.
Pakistan was one of the first countries to send relief goods after two quakes ravaged parts of north-west Iran that left more than 300 people dead, over 2,000 injured and thousands homeless.
By Owen Bowcott
LONDON: While the world's attention is focused on war in Afghanistan, three successive years of severe drought have created conditions for a famine which is threatening neighbouring Central Asian countries.
Triggered by the lowest rainfall in living memory, vast tracts of Iran, Uzbekistan, Pakistan and Tajikistan are being reduced to desert as the water table sinks, long-established wells dry up and herds of livestock perish.