- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Active USG Programs for the Pakistan Response (Last Updated 07/06/18)
ISLAMABAD, Aug 14: Two Pakistan Air Force aircraft carrying relief goods for Iranians affected in the recent quake landed in Iran on Tuesday.
Another flight was said to be on its way on Tuesday night, carrying tents, blankets and mats, the spokesman for Pakistan Embassy in Tehran, M.M. Jafari, said.
Pakistan was one of the first countries to send relief goods after two quakes ravaged parts of north-west Iran that left more than 300 people dead, over 2,000 injured and thousands homeless.
By Owen Bowcott
LONDON: While the world's attention is focused on war in Afghanistan, three successive years of severe drought have created conditions for a famine which is threatening neighbouring Central Asian countries.
Triggered by the lowest rainfall in living memory, vast tracts of Iran, Uzbekistan, Pakistan and Tajikistan are being reduced to desert as the water table sinks, long-established wells dry up and herds of livestock perish.