- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- The Final Push – Last nationwide polio vaccination campaign of 2018 will aim to protect more than 38 million children
- Met Office releases drought warning for Sindh and Balochistan
- Rs1bn donated by overseas Pakistanis for dams since July
- Pakistan: Operational Presence in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Who, What, Where, When (4W matrix) 2018
- Winter suspension of facilitated voluntary repatriation from Pakistan
Islamabad; November 17, 2017:
On directives of the Prime Minister of Pakistan National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has dispatched humanitarian relief assistance to the earthquake victim of Iran. A full load of C-130 plane carrying 12 tons of relief goods left to Tehran from Nur Khan Airbase on Friday afternoon. The shipment included 165 tents, 1050 blankets, 200 tarpaulin, 200 plastic mats, perishable items and other supplies. The relief consignment was handed over by NDMA team to Iranian officials at Tehran airport.
From 29 November to 1 December, the UNESCO Tehran Cluster Office and the UN Habitat Office in Tehran organized the kick-off meeting of a unique joint project on seismic hazard and risk analysis covering Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and Turkmenistan.
APPEAL # 700-G
APPEAL GOAL: $119,000
APRIL 26, 2013
SITUATION: On April 16, at least six people in Pakistan and 40 people in Iran were killed when a major earthquake, with a 7.8 magnitude, struck a region near the Iran-Pakistan border. Tremors were also felt in India and the Gulf states.
The epicenter was in southeast Iran in an area of scarcely-populated mountains and desert. It was located 125 miles southeast of the Iranian city of Zahedan and 155 miles northwest of Turbat in Pakistan.
An earthquake registering 7.8 on the Richter scale occurred in Sistan and Baluchestan Province in South-eastern in Iran, near the city of Khash (86 Km), 78 Km from the border with Pakistan, on 16 April 2013 at 10:44:13 UTC (03:44:13 PM at epicentre).
There are so far no official reports on the impact but various media outlets have reported up to 40 deaths (according to Iran State TV).
The Deputy Head of Iran's Red Crescent Society (IRCS) has declared the state of emergency in the quake-hit region of the Province.
ISLAMABAD, Aug 14: Two Pakistan Air Force aircraft carrying relief goods for Iranians affected in the recent quake landed in Iran on Tuesday.
Another flight was said to be on its way on Tuesday night, carrying tents, blankets and mats, the spokesman for Pakistan Embassy in Tehran, M.M. Jafari, said.
Pakistan was one of the first countries to send relief goods after two quakes ravaged parts of north-west Iran that left more than 300 people dead, over 2,000 injured and thousands homeless.
In this issue
Polio Immunization Drive in Central Asia
Joint UN-OIC Humanitarian Strategy in the making
West Bank: One in Four Refugees cannot meet basic Food Needs
Syria: Restoring 2,000 Years old Wells to provide fresh Water
Pakistan: Humanitarians seek $460 Million to respond to immense Flood Disaster
The United Nations and its humanitarian partners in Pakistan will require nearly US$460 million over the coming weeks to meet the urgent needs of millions of people, according to the Initial Floods Emergency Response Plan for Pakistan launched by the United Nations …