- WFP, Govt. Pakistan: Fill the Nutrient Gap Pakistan, Summary Report, November 2017
- IOM: DTM Analysis Flow Monitoring Surveys - Migrants from Pakistan interviewed along the Mediterranean routes in 2016 and 2017 - November 2017
- ECHO Factsheet – Pakistan – November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, October 2017
- DTM Analysis Flow Monitoring Surveys - Migrants from Pakistan interviewed along the Mediterranean routes in 2016 and 2017 - November 2017
- Pakistan: KP and FATA - Areas of Displacement, Hosting and Returns as of 31 October 2017
- As rains grow erratic, Pakistan taps irrigation to protect Punjab crops
- Trains: The new setting for polio eradication in Pakistan
On Monday, the National Police Headquarter informed Hungarian news agency MTI that between Friday and Sunday 350 people crossing the border illegally were apprehended in Hungary. According to the statistics published on the Police’s website, on Friday 140, on Saturday 103 and on Sunday 107 were apprehended.
György Bakondi, Chief Security Advisor to the Prime Minister, has told public television channel M1 that on Monday migrants began a protest at the Closed Asylum Reception Centre in Kiskunhalas. He said that some one hundred migrants – most of them from Pakistan – took part in a march within the camp demanding to be let out and to be placed in open camps. They were still protesting in the evening, Mr. Bakondi added.
Police arrived at the reception centre in appropriate numbers, but they did not need to take action until the evening.
Press Releases, 8 September 2015
We have met the authorities here in Budapest and have offered UNHCR's assistance to deal with the increasing number of refugees and migrants arriving in Hungary.
We have repeated our call for simplifying and streamlining registration, reception at the collection points, registration centres and reception centres and care for those who come to seek international protection.
GENEVA, Aug 28 (UNHCR) – The UN refugee agency said it was "deeply shocked and saddened" at the grim discovery yesterday of the bodies of 71 people inside a truck abandoned near the Austrian border with Hungary.
"This tragedy underscores the ruthlessness of people smugglers who have expanded their business from the Mediterranean sea to the highways of Europe. It shows they have no regard for human life and are only after profit," UNHCR spokesperson Melissa Fleming told a press briefing in Geneva.
19 June 2015 – Two United Nations agencies today expressed strong concerns over Hungary’s plans to build a four-metre high fence along its border with Serbia, with the UN refugee agency saying the wall will “be a further obstacle for people who have fled from war zones like Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq and who desperately need safety and protection.”