- WFP, Govt. Pakistan: Fill the Nutrient Gap Pakistan, Summary Report, November 2017
- IOM: DTM Analysis Flow Monitoring Surveys - Migrants from Pakistan interviewed along the Mediterranean routes in 2016 and 2017 - November 2017
- ECHO Factsheet – Pakistan – November 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, October 2017
- DTM Analysis Flow Monitoring Surveys - Migrants from Pakistan interviewed along the Mediterranean routes in 2016 and 2017 - November 2017
- Pakistan: KP and FATA - Areas of Displacement, Hosting and Returns as of 31 October 2017
- As rains grow erratic, Pakistan taps irrigation to protect Punjab crops
- Trains: The new setting for polio eradication in Pakistan
3,300 Estimated number of UAC currently in Greece based on analysis of data available to EKKA (as of 30 November 2017)
1,130 Total number of places available in UAC shelters (filled, pending assigned cases as of 30 November, including 45 vacant places)
2,201 Total number of UAC on waiting list for shelter (as of 30 November 2017) including:
3,250 Estimated number of UAC currently in Greece based on analysis of data available to EKKA (as of 15 November 2017)
1,151 Total number of places available in UAC shelters (filled, pending assigned cases as of 15 November, including 54 vacant places)
2,121 Total number of UAC on waiting list for shelter (as of 15 November 2017) including:
193 residents living in the site of Alexandria as of November 2nd
There were 19 new arrivals
There were 97 departures in total: 35 spontaneous departures, 61 under the urban accommodation scheme and 1 under the relocation scheme.
NRC in coordination with IOM & at the request of the MoMP began the relocation of the camp population inside the site to facilitate space for site works
2,950 Estimated number of UAC currently in Greece based on analysis from referrals to EKKA (as of 15 October 2017)
1,114 Total number of places available in UAC shelters (filled, pending assigned cases as of 15 October, including 20 vacant places)
1,822 Total number of UAC on waiting list for shelter (as of 15 October 2017) including:
Arrivals to Europe in First half of 2017
In the first half of 2017, 16,524 children arrived in Greece, Italy, Spain and Bulgaria, of whom 11,918 (72%) were unaccompanied or separated children (UASC).
In the first half of 2017, 3,020 children arrived to Greece by sea, including 411 (14%) UASC, a 95% decrease compared to the first half of 2016 (60,089).
Basheer thought he could make it. He was 18, in good health and knew how to swim. But the Evros River crossing takes many victims.
Wet, cold, tired and lost, a mother and son who successfully crossed Evros lay down on the riverbank afterward. Hypothermia killed both. Another family buried their 4-year-old near the river after a train hit her while the family was walking along nearby tracks.
116,692 arrivals by sea in 2017
363,401 arrivals in 2016
A. Situation analysis
Description of the disaster Two years after the beginning of the migration crisis (in 2015), more than 62,000 migrants remain stranded in the mainland and islands of Greece, according to figures of 6 June 2017 of the Greek government2 . Out of those 62,000 migrants, some 34,000 are on the mainland, some 13,000 on the islands and almost 14,000 are accommodated in the housing scheme of UNHCR’s relocation programme.
This document provides detailed information on Temporary Accommodation Sites and Reception & Identification Centers (RICs) in Greece in order to allow for better planning and to address gaps where highlighted. Data will be updated on a monthly basis by corresponding SMS agencies.